The third pillar that supports OPW’s “Defining What’s Next” philosophy is Enhancing Business Performance. In a way, achieving success in living up to this pillar requires melding together the demands of Protecting People and Protecting
That’s because making a commitment to do right by people and a focus on optimizing resources is the most obvious way to create a business that will have consistent, meaningful and enhanced performance. OPW designs and manufactures its equipment
with the best outcome for the end user in mind, which, in turn, will help protect the quality of life for people and the cleanliness of the environment.
Every OPW business unit has multiple examples where the best-in-class design and manufacture of its equipment and systems have enhanced the business performance of its customers:
- When Civacon realized that its cargo tank clients were using decades-old analog
and manually activated technology to perform, monitor and track fuel deliveries, the company brought these capabilities into the digital age with the CivaCommand Smart Tank System. This
cutting-edge system, which ties all components of the fueling process together via wireless communication, allows the driver to complete a fuel delivery through a handheld touchscreen that ostensibly removes the risk of human error.
- While the railroad industry is committed to achieving a 100% safety record, the fact is that accidents and the non-accidental release (NAR) of products do happen. To help eliminate these costly and bottom-line-detrimental occurrences, Midland Manufacturing has collaborated with the Railway Supply Institute to develop the Smart-Flow® Pressure Relief Valve and A-212 Vacuum Relief Valve, both of which effectively limit NAR-related incidents.
- Without swivel joints, the fluid and dry-bulk transfer operations in a number of industries would grind to a halt. Knowing the importance of these often-overlooked components in industries as diverse as chemical, petroleum, mining, distilling, soaps/sanitizers
and paint/ink, OPW Engineered Systems has developed a wide-ranging portfolio
of Swivel Joints that can solve the performance-optimizing challenges in transfer applications that rely on hoses, loading arms and piping.
- In 2008, OPW Retail Fueling defined the future of retail fueling
with the introduction of the UL-listed Loop System™, which consists of a collection of underground fueling equipment that works together to create an efficient and cost-effective
fuel-dispensing network in which all service can be performed underground. After more than a decade of setting the standard in systems for conventional vehicle fueling, OPW Retail Fueling upped the ante in 2019 with the release of the HiFlo Loop System. This system features high-speed dispensers and “supersized” piping, coupling and entry fittings, making it ideal for use at high-volume truck stops and “hybrid” convenience-store
locations that feature both automobile and truck fueling islands.
- Since OPW’s acquisition of Belanger, Inc., in January 2019 and combining it with PDQ Manufacturing to form OPW Vehicle Wash Solutions, the two member companies
have been working tirelessly to create synergies between their businesses that will enhance the business performance of their customers as a whole. The teaming of the two gives the vehicle-wash industry a single source for the best in both Touchless
and Soft-Touch in-bay automatic and tunnel wash systems.
For additional ways that the business units of OPW are Enhancing Business Performance of its customers around the globe in numerous industries, visit opwglobal.com and search the News & Events section for more on specific business unit contributions.