KPS piping provided an easy-install solution for the Hildesheim BP project, which met German forecourt regulations.
Key features included:
• Installer friendly system, minimising the number of welds required. In fact, KPS is the only piping system to weld both pipe walls simultaneously
• Blind entry boots (KP TM75/54B and KP TM125/90B) enabled unused holes to be closed without sealing
• In the case of a future extension, the blind boots can be removed with ease. No steel cutting, welding or hot spark work would be required
• The 3” cross fittings made it possible to connect the vapour recovery (St.1) line (3”, KP 90EC6) to multiple tanks
• The KPS (TM75/63SC20) piping was able to fit in the double wall suction lines above the 130mm wide dispenser frame. Alternative piping systems could only fit 250mm dispenser frames
• The ball valve on the test port allowed for testing of the functionality of the leak detection system
Tank chambers were supplied with pre-made holes on all chamber walls
The project was completed within the tight construction schedule and the German requirements were met. Hildesheim Germany now have a reliable below ground fuelling system.