Through the use of powerful technology, the LaserWash G5 S-Series delivers outstanding wash results. It starts with a customer-friendly and energy-efficient design. It continues with real-time system monitoring, value-added wash options, superior wash performance and a distribution network always on-hand to give you guidance and assistance.
The LaserWash G5 S-Series introduced the world to the Virtual Treadle, a revolutionary electronic vehicle-sensing technology which eliminated drive-on floor mechanisms, creating an open, inviting wash bay. The Virtual Treadle uses advanced sensor technology that eliminates the need for T-bars and floor-mounted mechanisms which are susceptible to temperature and quickly wear out through consistent use.
Information contained herein subject to change without notice.
- Virtual Treadle® bay loading - no floor steel!
- PDQ's staple Open Wash Bay - overhead design with no floor steel
- On-Board MaxAir Dryer
- Zero-Degree Rotating Nozzles
- Single Pump System
- Aluminum Construction
- LED Signage
- On-Board Soap Heaters
- Built-in Web Interface for Updating, Reporting & Monitoring
User Interface Software
PDQ's LaserWash G5 S-Series wash control software uses a web-based platform to provide remote access to all key operating functions. You can change wash packages, view hourly performance and monitor all machine functions remotely.
- Software is viewed and programmed on standard html web browsers.
- Provides management reports and on-line diagnostics.
- View sales in a daily graph detailing hour by hour performance.
- Create custom wash packages.
- Infrared remote keyboard provides programming and manual operation function for diagnostic troubleshooting and planned maintenance.
- Remote access to monitor and manage functions (excluding manual and safety operations) - requires internet gateway.
- Real-time wash information via pager, email (requires internet gateway), and/or mobile device.
- On-demand sales performance updates.
LaserWash G5 S-Series Pump Station
A powerful patent-pending single-pump module providing low-cost and efficient wash operation and designed for use either in the equipment room or directly in the wash bay.
- Single direct displacement pump provides accurate & reliable performance.
- Accommodates single and dual step detergents, color polish and high-pressure solutions.
- Efficient valve design and cleaning solution distribution system saves on water consumption.
- Molded, watertight fiberglass enclosure protects internal pump station components while reducing noise.
- Drive system bearings are pre-lubricated and sealed against moisture and contamination.
- Pre-plumbed input lines for the addition of optional soft water, reverse osmosis and reclaim water connections.
- ETL listed.
LED Sign Systems
The LaserWash G5 S-Series features easy-to-read, user-friendly Instructional and Directional signage for optimal customer clarity and understanding. Clearance, Entrance, and Service Confirmation signage, Menuboard, and Countdown Timer are also available with the ability to customize the menuboard with your own logo.
- Instructional Sign (In-bay, frame or wall mounted LED)
- Wash Instruction Sign (exterior, wall mounted)
- Entrance Sign (exterior, LED)
- Service Confirmation Sign (in-bay, frame or wall mounted, LED)
- Countdown Timer (exterior, LED)
More Features & Benefits
High Volume Throughput
- The LaserWash G5 S-Series integrates efficient nozzle design, precise solution injection and faster spray arch travel speeds for increased throughput.
- Bridge mounted productivity package allows for application of color foam, protectants and spot-free rinse in single passes, further reducing wash time.
Low Operating Costs
- High-pressure wash cycles use up to 40% less water* due to the patent-pending single pump system and advanced zero-degree rotating nozzle design.
- Radial cornering directs cleaning solutions and water onto the vehicle rather than wasting them on the wash bay floor, saving solutions and water while reducing utility costs and increasing throughput.
- Fast, efficient wash cycles and patented on-demand detergent heating significantly reduce electrical costs.
- Dual manifolds allow separate high and low-pressure application eliminating the arch purge cycle, saving solutions and increasing throughput.
Increased Customer Comfort Level
- Virtual Treadle®, featuring an open wash bay with no guide rails or floor steel, increases customer comfort level.
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) displays can be easily seen under adverse conditions, require less maintenance, and are energy efficient.
- Virtual Treadle and easy-to-read signage reduces vehicle loading and unloading times, which in turn increases vehicle throughput.
- State-of-the-art contemporary design.
- Carries the LaserWash brand image, one of the most recognizable in the industry.
Optimal Cleaning Results
- Patented on-board detergent heating provides precise temperature control of the detergent to maximize cleaning effectiveness.
- Zero-degree rotating nozzles sweep the surface on both leading and trailing edges, providing maximum coverage on the vehicle surface.
- High-pressure cleaning technology provides proper impingement and superior cleaning due to high water pressure.
State-of-the-Art Electronic Support
- Computerized wash control software provides remote communications and real-time monitoring.
- Patent-pending automatic reset system keeps wash operational without operator interaction.
- Single-point electrical and plumbing connections installation quick and easy.
- Reduced in-bay conduit allows bay walls to be uncluttered and remain cleaner.
- Aircraft-grade anodized aluminum structural frame for corrosion resistance.
- Belt-driven bridge drive technology improves positioning accuracy and requires less maintenance.
*Compared to the LaserWash® 4000
The LaserWash G5 S-Series gives you the opportunity to customize your system to meet your needs. By tailoring your system, you can increase profit potential, provide more options to your customers, expand your customer base, and further secure your investment. Many value-added options are available for the LaserWash G5 S-Series including:
- 3X Color Foam Applicator - Grab your customer's interest and attention with thick, triple-color layers of foam conditioner. What a colorful way to promote upgrades as well as profit!
- High Pressure Undercarriage, Side and Wheel Blast - The powerful undercarriage, rocker panel and wheel blast systems cleans down to the ground and the underbody of the vehicle. These are profitable upgrades as well since customers frequently choose these options and value the results.
- Wheel Cleaner - Targets rocker panels, wheels, and wheel wells with a cleaning solution.
- Rust Inhibitor - Targets the exhaust, suspension, and chassis of vehicles with rust-preventative solutions.
- Gatling Guns - Equipped with a rotating cluster of zero-degree nozzles, the high pressure Gatling Guns clean rocker panels, wheels, wheel wells, headlights, and more.
- Hot Water Injection - Increase your wash solution's effectiveness by adding tempered water to any high pressure process. Hot water can also be used for low pressure solutions.
- Extended Solution Package - Maximize the cleaning ability by applying water and solutions through high pressure zero-degree rotating nozzles. The Extended Solutions Package provides two additional high-pressure solution distribution valves.
- Second Bridge Mounted Soap Heater - Increase versatility by providing heat to both 1 step (standard) and 2 step pre-soak solution heating.
Hi-Gloss Application System
Put the shine back into your profits with the all new LaserWash G5 S-Series Hi-Gloss Application System by PDQ. Not only will your customer love their shiny vehicle, you will love the extra revenue.
PDQ's MaxAir™ On-Board Dryer offers you all the benefits of MaxAir without the added bay space requirement of a stand-alone dryer.
MaxAir On-Board Dryer
PDQ's MaxAir™ On-Board Dryer offers you all the benefits of MaxAir without the added bay space requirement of a stand-alone dryer. MaxAir uses less energy, yet dries vehicles better than ever. The key is maximizing air velocity and flow. Through innovative design, the MaxAir™ On-Board Dryer delivers high-velocity air to the vehicle surface where it’s most important. Plus the on-board dryer’s open and efficient design is enhanced by less space requirement making it ideal for smaller wash bays.
Traveling in tandem with the wash bridge, the integrated on-board dryer operates immediately after the LaserWash G5 S-Series completes the rinse cycle, producing high quality drying, uniform travel speed and an evenly distributed air pattern.
Stand-Alone MaxAir Dryer
As with all PDQ equipment, the LaserWash G5 S-Series can be paired with a MaxAir stand alone dryer in either four or six producer configurations. PDQ's MaxAir Stand-Alone Dryer is a breakthrough in dryer performance. MaxAir dries vehicles better than ever, yet uses less energy than conventional dryers.
More on MaxAir
What are the differences between the LaserWash 4000 and the LaserWash G5 S-Series?
- The leading difference between the models is in the design philosophies. PDQ gained valuable production and operational knowledge with the successful LaserWash 4000 and radically improved upon it for the LaserWash G5 S-Series. Less maintenance, less utility consumption, no floor steel, internationally understandable signage, and a single pump configuration are just a few of the differences.
How much does a LaserWash G5 S-Series cost?
- The purchase price will vary depending on options and support equipment chosen. Your local Distributor can provide pricing & features.
How many vehicles per hour can a LaserWash G5 S-Series wash?
- The G5 S-Series vehicle throughput is strongly influenced by its drying configuration. The G5 Series is available in two drying configurations: 1) on-board dryer and 2) stand-alone dryer. The on-board drier provides a more consistent dry and carefree customer experience while the stand-alone dryer delivers more vehicles per hour. A high volume "fleet" wash package may realize 30 vehicles per hour, an average wash package may realize 20-24 vehicles per hour, and a premium package may realize 16-18 vehicles per hour (all vehicle per hour counts are utilizing the stand-alone drying unit). As always, the vehicles washed per hour will vary depending on wash package configurations.
What makes a LaserWash G5 S-Series faster than the competition?
- Many significant and patent-pending features aid the LaserWash G5 in a faster wash. First, the elimination of a floor-mounted treadle significantly reduces vehicle loading and unloading times. Second, efficient fluid arch movement reduces wash times (the G5 S-Series spray arch precisely contours the corners of each vehicle). Third, the G5 S-Series ability to quickly deliver vehicle protection solutions from overhead in a single pass. Many other time saving functions are built into the G5 S-Series; Consult your local Distributor for more details.
Does the LaserWash G5 S-Series require an equipment room?
- No. The LaserWash G5 S-Series can be installed at a location without an equipment room, provided the wash bay is 15'2" or wider. The G5 Series pump station is manufactured to operate in an equipment room or in-bay. No special considerations need to be taken regarding either installation.
Does the LaserWash G5 require less maintenance?
- Yes. Another significant piece of LaserWash G5 S-Series design criteria is less customer and Distributor maintenance. The G5 S-Series is computer-engineered to it's most simple design and features sealed bearings, corrosion resistant materials, direct drive technology, and the elimination of grease points - just to name a few of the G5 S-Series maintenance improvements.
How many fluid pumps does the LaserWash G5 S-Series have?
- A primary design benefit of the LaserWash G5 is its single fluid pump. The G5 S-Series pump is controlled by a variable frequency drive, which provides pump operation at virtually any speed. All wash solutions are post-pump injected, thus, protecting the pump's seals from exposure to solutions.
What size of property will I need for a LaserWash G5 S-Series?
- Individual property size requirements are unique to each wash site, but are very similar to that of the LaserWash 4000. There are a number of factors that impact the size of the property. Some of these factors include the number of planned wash bays, length & width of wash bays, length and width of equipment room, whether or not an equipment room is required, access to the property, adjacent properties, local zoning ordinances, and equipment choice. Contact your local Distributor for a consultation.
What is the water consumption of a LaserWash G5 S-Series?
- The G5 S-Series is an industry leader in the reduction of water consumption with a pump design of 21.5 gallons per minute (gpm). All water consumption scenarios on a G5 Series are dependent on the setup of its customizable wash packages. By simply programming the reduction of pump output, the G5 S-Series will consume less water. Most any typical G5 S-Series wash will consume less than 35 gallons per wash. To aid in comparison, the LaserWash 4000 utilizes a 39 gpm pump.
Does the LaserWash G5 S-Series offer a drying unit(s)?
- Yes. The G5 S-Series offers 2 unique MaxAir configurations. An on-board drier is available, which moves the drier over the vehicle while the vehicle remains in its parked position. Single and Dual drier passes can be programmed and at various movement speeds. The on-board drier is offered as a 30hp unit (4 - 7.5hp producers). A stand-alone drier is also available and is typically positioned near the exit of the bay. In this configuration, the customer moves their vehicle under and through the drying unit. An optional count down timer relays to the driver the amount of drying time remaining. The amount of drying time is programmable. The stand-alone drier is offered in 30hp & 45hp models. The 30hp model features 4 - 7.5hp producers while the 45hp model features 2 - additional 7.5hp side producers.
Will the installation cost of a LaserWash G5 Series be less than that of a LaserWash 4000?
- Yes. The G5 S-Series utilizes single point electrical & plumbing connections, as well as reduced in-bay conduit & wiring. Much of the wiring for the G5 S-Series is on-board and is conveniently channeled in its frame. Contact your local Distributor for more information.
Can a LaserWash G5 S-Series wash dually vehicles?
- Yes, as does its older sibling, the LaserWash 4000 (with the dual rear-wheel option). The LaserWash G5 S-Series does not require any additional equipment to perform this task. The G5 S-Series creates a large wash envelope, large enough to wash other popular SUV's including the Ford Excursion and Hummers.
Already own a LaserWash G5? Below is a list of a few items that can be added to your G5 to increase your sites revenue. Just click on the links to view the items in our online store.