PDQ Commitment to Security
PDQ takes safety and security very seriously, and we are dedicated to taking proactive measures to remediate any potential vulnerabilities, including educating our customers on how to protect their equipment. We strive to responsibly advise customers of mitigation measures and software updates to enhance the security of PDQ systems, and we work with the Department of Homeland Security’s Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team (ICS-CERT) on such announcements when appropriate.
While all internet-connected systems are potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access, there are ways to dramatically decrease risk. As a reminder for all sites with these machines installed, please make sure the following steps have been taken:
- Always make sure any PDQ equipment is not accessible from the Internet; it should be behind a secure firewall.
- On all machines, always change the default password to a unique, strong password.
- Always set up the system network (router or Wi-Fi) to require a username and password.
- Do not set up the site router with “port forwarding” enabled.
- Do not share passwords or write them down in an accessible place where others may find them.
- Always secure the machine controller in a locked area.
PDQ has always been recognized as the world-leading manufacturer of touchless car wash equipment, and we have an excellent safety record thanks to our team that is dedicated to thinking and working safely. We remain committed to providing our customers with safe, innovative and dependable cleaning systems with superior support, worldwide.
Additional information for customers may be found here:
Link to MPPB_129
Link to ICS-Cert
PDQ has been an operator-driven company since its inception. William "Red" Lewis, founder of PDQ, began in the vehicle wash industry as an operator in 1967. Never satisfied with the wash equipment of the times, he constantly experimented and built his own versions of wash components.
In 1984, Red teamed with touch-free pioneer Forrest Burton and produced the legendary Burton Follower® Arch. It was the first robotic arch to closely follow the contours and shape of any vehicle. Also during this time, Allen Jones of Pacific Car Wash Company in New Zealand had created a touch-free in-bay automatic car wash called LaserWash®. He later would move his business to Chicago, IL, where he would meet Red at a trade show.
By 1985, Red had developed a complete line of touch-free car wash equipment under the name of Carefree™ Vehicle Wash Equipment. Shortly thereafter, Red expanded his manufacturing business and changed its company name to PDQ, reflecting the company's highest standards in Performance,Dependability, and Quality.
In 1989, PDQ merged with Pacific Car Wash Company and began production of the LaserWash 4000. This vehicle wash system would become the standard for touch-free in-bay car washing and prove to be a workhorse in the industry until its retirement from production in 2007.
In 1998, PDQ announced the sale of PDQ Manufacturing to Dover Corporation, who acquires highly specialized manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective industries. PDQ also gained ISO 9001 certification that year, one of the highest recognitions for quality of standards in materials, equipment, support services, and product testing.
In the spring of 2000, PDQ rolled-out the greatest advancement in vehicle wash equipment to date, the LaserWash® G5. Nearly five years in research and development, PDQ applied for seven unique patents on the "G5" (fifth generation) recognizing its unparalleled resource efficiency, user-friendliness, and reliability.
PDQ's commitment to continuous product innovation and the development of value-added technologies lead to the introduction of the LaserWash® G5 S-Series and Access® Customer Management System in 2003.
In early 2005, PDQ introduced the LaserWash M5, the successor to the unmatched LaserWash 4000. The M5 incorporates newer technologies and more advanced features that make your in-bay automatic more efficient, more reliable and even easier to use.
In the spring of 2007, PDQ launched Tandem™, a hybrid car wash system that incorporates both touch free and friction cleaning technologies using a dual-bridge, dual-brush design. Tandem has the largest top brush in the industry and provides a superior clean over typical three and five brush machines, giving operators an edge over the competition.
On September 23, 2009, PDQ hosted an industry-first live webcast event of the unveiling of the LaserWash® 360. This new machine utilizes a Smart 360™ Technology package that allows it to adjust to dynamic conditions within the wash bay, increasing uptime and optimizing the wash process. The machine design was based on owner feedback and key goals of providing both enhanced revenue and lowering the total cost of ownership for the owner.
At the Car Wash Show in the spring of 2012, PDQ unveiled its latest in-bay automatic, the ProTouch® ICON. The ProTouch ICON is a new three-brush gantry-style system that offers superior aesthetics, a larger wash envelope, next generation brush control precision, amazing illumination packages and revenue generating features that are synonymous with all PDQ car wash equipment.
Today, PDQ is part of OPW, a Dover Company, and we continue our global leadership role as the world's largest manufacturer of touch free vehicle wash systems. PDQ brands include LaserWash® Touchfree In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, ProTouch® Friction In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, LaserH2O® Reverse Osmosis Systems, Access® Customer Management System and MaxAir™ Dryers.
Since 1984, PDQ Manufacturing, Inc. has defined innovation in the vehicle wash industry.
Careers @ PDQ
Looking to start a career at PDQ?
Click the link below to View / Apply for available jobs!
View Complete List Of Available Jobs
PDQ is proud to be a great place to work and we're committed to maintaining a positive and productive environment. Not only does PDQ provide competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit packages, but we also foster a PDQ Culture where employees can contribute, develop, thrive, and have fun!
PDQ strives to maintain an environment that is both enjoyable and productive. Because of this PDQ coordinates programs that recognize employee achievements and encourages employee participation in company sponsored activities. We demonstrate this commitment by sponsoring and providing:
- Fun Activities for Employees - PDQ coordinates and sponsors fun events on a regular basis for employees. Examples of some of these activities include friendly department competitions, company outings to sporting events and employee appreciation activities. Some activities that the employees join in are connected with charitable fundraisers.
- Service Recognition Program - This program acknowledges employees who reach significant service anniversaries. The employee receives a gift, is presented with a framed certificate at our All-Employee meetings, and is recognized in our monthly newsletter.
- Company Summer Picnic - PDQ consistently enjoys a great turnout for our summer picnic, with many employees and family members joining in the fun. This event has been the highlight of PDQ's summer activities.
- Company Holiday Party - PDQ has the holiday spirit! We provide a great evening of fun, food, and celebration.
- Production Milestones - We celebrate achievements of significant milestones in the course of our business with catered luncheons for our employees.
- Pot Luck Lunches - Our employees really enjoy food, and we're always looking for good excuses to pull a potluck lunch together! Our employees love bringing in their favorite recipes and sharing a lunch together during the workday. Often collections are taken for various charities the company sponsors.
- "Ice Cream Sundae" Day - Just for the heck of it! Everybody loves an ice cream break!
- Community Support - We promote and coordinate involvement in fundraising activities for charitable organizations in the community.
- Safety Excellence - PDQ is fortunate to have an excellent safety record year after year due to our employees that are dedicated to thinking and working safely.
- Health & Wellness - PDQ has been proactive in educating the employees on their health. We have an RN and NP on-site weekly, to assist employees and spouses in managing their health. Additionally, each year PDQ pays for a Health Risk Assessment for each employee. PDQ also has a tobacco-free campus, pays for employee's annual flu shots, sponsors participation in local runs/walks, and has fun health competitions, all to encourage employees to live their healthiest life.
- Charitable Donations Program - PDQ is committed to supporting its community and encouraging employees' charitable giving. On behalf of its employees, PDQ donates to various local charities and organizations throughout the year. In addition to this, PDQ encourages its employees to submit a "Charitable Donations Request Form" if they would like PDQ to make a donation to a charity or organization in their name. PDQ will support initiatives that provide benefits to the local communities and to organizations that meet important community needs.
- Take Your Child To Work Day - PDQ participates in this national event annually, where children of PDQ employees have a fun day learning more about our business, and meeting with employees that work in fields that are of interest to them.
Our Commitment to Employees
PDQ globally markets the highest quality vehicle wash systems, and we view our employees as our most valuable asset. Our Commitment to Employees provides an environment that is enjoyable, safe, and friendly. Experience the PDQ commitment and become an important part of our world-class, hometown team! PDQ demonstrates its commitment to our employees by:
- Providing an exceptional work environment that is clean and boasts an excellent safety record.
- Providing a competitive wage/salary.
- Providing extensive new hire orientation and training, including written work instructions and procedures for performing job tasks.
- Providing a formal method of performance feedback through annual performance review meetings.
- Providing paid time off, with the option to purchase additional vacation.
- Providing 9 paid holidays annually.
- Providing paid funeral leave.
- Providing jury duty pay for employees summoned for jury duty.
- Providing condensed hours during May, June, July, and August and September. This allows the employee to work 40 hours in 4.5 days.
- Providing a comprehensive benefit package at affordable prices. Our benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Section 125 Flex Plan, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) with company match and potential annual profit sharing amount split equally amongst all participants.
- Providing opportunities for advancement through established internal job posting procedures.
- Promoting continual learning through Employee Education Assistance program and training opportunities.
- Providing confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services at no cost to employees to deal with personal issues such as relationship counseling, depression, self-improvement, financial counseling, and any other issues that can affect employees.
- Providing a casual work environment for office personnel.
- Both PDQ and Dover Corporation provide the opportunity for children of PDQ employees that are graduating high school seniors or currently enrolled in college to receive Student Scholarships to help fund their higher education.
- We have a partnership with PCM Credit Union to offer banking benefits and home and auto discounts through Liberty Mutual.
- Free car washes!
- COMMUNICATING, Communicating, and communicating:
- We hold company-wide All-Employee Meetings on a monthly basis, We provide a "state of the business" update, communicate upcoming company activities, and any other business-related information. We offer a "Q&A" opportunity at the end of each meeting to field employee questions or concerns in an open forum.
- We work on an open door policy - a supervisors door is always open to an employee. We find that this is usually the most effective way to deal with a problem and it ensures employee's questions or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- We write and distribute a monthly newsletter to employees to ensure timely communication of information between two facilities and our outside sales force. We use this to celebrate promotions, recognize birthdays and anniversaries, acknowledge significant accomplishments, as well as entertain and educate employees on a wide variety of topics.